Sarah and Ian's Move to Ottawa

The story so far...having planned and booked a three month trip to South America, we were given a difficult decision to make when Ian was offered a job in Canada. After much hard thinking, we took the job, but get the best of both worlds as we still have two weeks in Brazil and Chile before arriving in Ottawa. We are now living in Ottawa and enjoying the big adventure of living somewhere new. This is the story of our experience...

Monday, February 14, 2005

The Holiday Is Over

Today was my first day at the new job. I was nervous as I didn't really know what to expect. It was ok though. The first few days of a new job are always about the company structure and meeting lots of people. I have got a really good computer. For you nerds out there it's a 3GHz processor with 1Gig of RAM and a 19" LCD screen. I've also got my own cubicle. Really high walled too, which makes me think of the Dilbert cartoons. My new colleagues seem nice and have given me lots of tips for living in Ottawa.

As you'd expect for Canada in Winter there has been a layer of snow over everything since we arrived. At lunchtime it started snowing again, but the weather reports said this would change into worse stuff in the afternoon. Sure enough on the way home it had started to rain, then the temperature dropped and the rain froze. Frozen rain showers are no picnic. This stuff is larger than hail stones and if you get a decent wind along with it then it could chip your windscreen. Still, it looks pretty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home