Sarah and Ian's Move to Ottawa

The story so far...having planned and booked a three month trip to South America, we were given a difficult decision to make when Ian was offered a job in Canada. After much hard thinking, we took the job, but get the best of both worlds as we still have two weeks in Brazil and Chile before arriving in Ottawa. We are now living in Ottawa and enjoying the big adventure of living somewhere new. This is the story of our experience...

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Midweek, musical, mini-mosh

We saw another Canadian sight tonight. Not a moose. Not a bear or a beaver. Tonight we saw Avril Lavigne in concert. Before the concert, I hadn’t realised that Avril’s target audience is pre- and early teenagers. Sarah and I were the oldest people there not chaperoning their kids. I found out I am completely out of touch with the latest trends. I saw all the kids buying sealed plastic test-tubes of illuminous liquids. “They’re no fun”, I thought, “They don’t do anything”. The kids knew better though because once the lights gone down, the arena filled with specks of florescent light. It was the safety conscious, child friendly answer to waving a cigarette lighter at a rock concert, though the green colour of the lights made it look like we were under attack from giant glow-worms.

The kids need to learn a thing or two about rock concerts as there was no pushing and shoving at the front by the stage. Everyone just listened attentively, waved their test-tubes and screamed hysterically when a song finished. We showed our rock ‘n’ roll side by sitting in the third level seating and tapping our feet to the beat.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I saw beaver and avril lavigne on the same line I became curiously interested.
    Have read it properly can I now express my bitter disappointment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home